Last updated on 19/05/2022
Sustainable Pet Food BV (registered office Jan Van Rijswijcklaan 156/10 2018 Antwerpen and KBO number 0772.384.967) hereafter Gutsy named, know that you are concerned about the way your personal data are used and recognize the importance of protecting your privacy.
This privacy statement describes how Gutsy (as responsible for processing) collects and manages your personal data. It contains information about what information we collect, how we use it, why we need it, and what benefits it implies for you.
Gutsy reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to change, modify and/or add parts of this privacy statement in whole or in part at any time.
2. Basic principles and our privacy commitment
At Gutsy we are committed to protecting your right to privacy. We strive to protect all personal data we keep, manage in a responsible manner, and be transparent in our actions. Your trust is important to us. That is why we commit ourselves to applying the following basic principles:
- You are not obliged to provide the personal data requested by us. However, if you choose not to do so, we may not be able to provide you with certain services or products;
- We collect and process your data only for the purposes set out in this privacy statement or for specific purposes that we communicate to you and/or with which you have consented;
- We strive to collect, process, and use as little personal data as possible;
- When we collect your personal data, we strive to keep it as accurate and up to date as possible.
- When the personal data we have collected is no longer needed for any purpose and we are not legally obliged to keep them, we will make every effort to remove, destroy or de-identify them.
- Your personal data will not be shared, sold, rented, or distributed for purposes other than those described in this Privacy Statement.
3. What personal information do we collect?
The personal data we collect varies depending on the purpose for which they were collected and the product or service that we provide.
In general, we may collect the following types of personal data directly from you:
- Personal contact details such as your name, e-mail address, physical address, and telephone numbers that are required in the context of an order or delivery
- Communication with us, including details of our conversations via chat, information lines, and / or customer service;
- Information regarding your pet (type, type, breed, age) to personalize our offer
- The browser history such as the pages visited, the date you did so, the location where you were located, and the IP address;
- Social media profiles;
- We also indirectly collect personal data about you when:
- You share content on (our) social media pages, websites, or applications concerning our products or in response to our promotional material on social media; or
- We read or collect personal data about you by reading information collected by other websites (for example, we can place an advertisement on a third-party website and when you click on it, we can get information about you and other website visitors to improve the reach and success of that ad).
4. Why do we collect and use your personal data?
We collect your personal data to provide you with a good online experience and high-quality customer service. In this way we can collect, store, use, and publish your personal data in the following cases:
- To process and answer your questions or to contact you to answer your questions and/or requests;
- To develop and improve our products, services, communication methods, and the functionality of our websites;
- To deliver your order and ensure its follow-up;
- To provide you with information and to manage your subscription and/or subscription to our newsletter or other communications;
- To provide you as a customer with personalized products and announcements as well as product recommendations;
If we collect and use your personal data for the above or other purposes, we will inform you of this in advance or at the moment.
If necessary, we will ask your permission to process the personal data. If you have given your consent for the processing activities, you have the right to withdraw it at any time.
5. Your rights
When processing your personal data, you have a number of rights that you can exercise at any time. Below we give you an overview of these rights and what they mean for you. You can exercise your rights via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
5.1. Right to inspect your personal data and correction
You have the right to inspect your personal data at any time and to correct and update them. We understand the importance of this and if you want to exercise your rights, please contact us.
5.2. The right to transfer data
Your personal data are transferable. This means that they can be moved, copied, or transmitted electronically. However, this right only applies when:
- The processing is based on your permission;
- The processing is carried out for the execution of a contract;
- The processing is carried out automatically;
If you wish to exercise your right to transfer data, please contact us.
5.3. The right to removal of your personal data
You have the right to request that we delete your data if:
- Your personal data is no longer needed with regard to the purposes for which we collected it; or
- You withdraw the permission you had previously given us to process your personal data on the condition that there is no other legal basis to further process this personal data; or
- You object to processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes; or
- If you wish to have the personal data that we have about you removed, please let us know and we will take reasonable steps to respond to your request in accordance with legal requirements.
- If the personal information we collect is no longer required for any purpose and no legal obligation exists to keep it up to date, we will make every effort to delete, destroy or de-identify these data. For direct marketing purposes, we will delete, destroy, or permanently de-identify your personal data 3 years after the last contact, unless shorter or longer retention periods apply under the law.
5.4. The right to limit the processing
You have the right to limit the processing of your personal data if:
- You are of the opinion that the personal information we hold is incorrect; or
- The personal data are not processed legally, but you choose to restrict their processing instead of deleting the personal data; or
- We no longer need your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, but you need this information to establish, exercise, or defend legal claims; or
- You objected to the processing of your personal data and wait for verification to know that your interests with respect to that objection have priority over the valid reasons for the processing of your data.
If you wish to limit our processing of your personal data, please let us know and we will take reasonable steps to respond to your request in accordance with legal requirements.
5.5. The right to object
You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data and you can contact us at any time.
5.6. The right to file a complaint with a supervisory authority
You have the right to file a complaint directly with the supervisory authority (www.privacycommission.be) about how we process personal data.
6. How we protect your personal data
We are aware that the security of your personal data is important. We do our best - and expect the same from any service provider and/or third-party subcontractor who processes these personal data for our account and according to our instructions - to protect your personal data against misuse, interference, loss, unauthorized access, alteration, or dissemination. We have implemented a number of security measures to help protect your personal data.
7. Sharing your personal data
When we share your personal information with affiliates and other organizations, we ensure that we do so only with organizations that protect your personal information and comply with the privacy laws that apply in the same or similar manner as we do.
Your personal data will not be shared, sold, rented, or disclosed in any other way than described in this privacy statement.
Your personal data will be shared with the following third parties for the purposes described below:
- Third parties who provide services on our behalf (such as, for example, postal companies responsible for the delivery or for processing payments)
- Non-personal data such as aggregated user statistics, demographic information, and information about the use of our website
- Legal protection and law enforcement in response to subpoenas, court orders, legal proceedings, or other valid law enforcement measures.
8. Exchange international data
Your personal data will normally be processed within the European Economic Area (EEA). If processed outside the EEA, Gutsy will ensure that this cross-border data processing is protected by appropriate safeguards.
9. Link to other websites
Our websites can provide links to third-party websites to help our visitors. These can be links from advertisers, sponsors, and partners. This privacy statement does not apply to these websites.
10. Automated decision making and profiling
For certain services and products, we and our third-party service providers may process your personal data using automated means. This may include information such as your type of internet browser, your operating system, your service provider, the road pages you have visited, the time and duration, and demographic information about yourself (such as your age, gender, language, location, and areas of interest if that information is available). is) and which web pages you have viewed for the current page.
11. Cookies and other technologies
12. How can you contact us?
If you have questions, comments, or complaints regarding this privacy statement or the processing of your personal data, please contact us at email@example.com.